During this course students will learn to understand the basics of how global warming is affecting extreme events and increasing vulnerability to hazards.
The learning outcomes for the module are as follows:
- To provide a systematic knowledge base on disaster typology, risk, vulnerability, their impacts and concerns to growing hydro-met disasters,
- To comprehend on approaches and measures of disaster management, preparedness and response, and related policies, law and methods,
- To enumerate on possible pathways, tools and options for CCA-DRR and sustainability mainstreaming through developmental planning at sectors, department or local levels, and activities
- Introduction to fundamentals of DRR
- Climate Variability & Disaster Risk
- Disaster Risk Mitigation
- Disaster Risk Management
- Disaster Preparedness
- Challenges and issues
- Mainstreaming CCA-DRR
20-36 hours with the ability to start/stop/return at any time.
This course is for:
- first responders,
- active service military,
- emergency managers and
Take this course to understand the theory behind their practice and increase their professional capacity when responding to a major emergency. This course is also aimed at personnel who form part of the Emergency Response organization.